Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rough Weekend

I wonder if any of you so called "subscribers" are real or if its spam. I'm not sure if you can be a spam subscriber. If you are subscribed as a user to this leave a comment, then I will know you are for real and it'll make my day.

I could use a good day. This weekend was tougher then need be.

Starting on saturday, Winston started acting funny. He was standing all crooked and holding his legs up. Apparently that got worse saturday night, (I wasn't home, forever guilty). When I got home Sunday he had basically a partial seizure in my arms so we brought him to the animal hospital where they told us a few scenarios all of which made me cry. None sounded good. Vet herself was all: "this doesn't give me a good feeling". She wanted to keep him for observation but it was going to be almost a grand and I don't have that kind of money. So we brought him home, despite how guilty and terrible I felt - although if he got worse I would have brought him back.

Instead (thankgoodness) he just got better. He didn't have any more episodes, he just took a few naps and then played when he woke up as though nothing happened. So I brought his crate to sleep in my room so I could stare at him all night and make sure he was okay.

Next morning, fake ontario holiday called Family day, wake up and my house was 56 degrees. It was chilly. Luckily we have a wood stove so we got that going and warmed it up enough but then I had to try to call the oil people but it was a holiday so they weren't open. After much hassle and waiting we got enough oil on an emergency help thingy and a call from the oil office to fix everything.

But needless to say, I'm exhausted. The emotional draining day of sunday mixed with the corporate rage of monday have made me useless to the world today. I just want to eat a tub of ice cream and sleep.

At least Winston is doing better. I will be keeping a close eye on him however for now, you should know he sleeps so soundly that very little affects him. He is hilarious. Its kind of scary when he doesn't respond but he snores so I know he's breathing. Yesterday I managed to not only trim all his tiny little nails, but individually file them after so they wouldn't be all sharp when he paws at my face. He is pretty wonderful.

Sorry this post isn't funny. I'm too exhausted to be funny. When my robotness rebalances and all the feelings evacuate my system I'll be good to go. I hate when feelings happen. They are so disruptive.

Anyways... I'm going to include a Winston picture of him sleeping in all his glory.

Leave comments! Make suggestions! Ask questions! It'll give me more interesting things to talk about other than my glitched emotional day.

Also, don't forget, if you have any anonymous questions you would like to get help from Luis the attack squirrel, he is at your service: askluis@yellowshoesinthecity.com

Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry
[gallery]

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear SnugglePug is diong better. Mom scared the bejesus out of me when she called and told me you took him to the vet! Super adorable pictures of him sleeping with his tongue out though :) I feel like it should be on your office wall somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. he scared me too. i still don't know if he will be okay but hopefully he will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you!
    I'm sorry I took you away on Saturday night

    ReplyDelete
  4. saturday was fun :) not your fault at all my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry - didn't mean to scare you Sandy LOL.(was checking to see if you had been texting Tanya) All of my 4-legged "grandchildren" worry me - the horses, the dogs, and the new baby- the puppy :) I hope Winston will be ok also ... when my kids are sad and I hear Tanya crying on the phone, it practically breaks my heart :( It's amazing really, how a tiny little puppy who has only been in the family a few short weeks can affect you... He is absolutely adorable and snuggly . I visited with him yesterday morning and revved him all up before his nap... isn't that what a good grandparent does? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Shopping is Best When Done in the Comfort of Your Sweatpants!