Sunday, August 4, 2013

Challenge #1: Let's kick it...

Ok, so obviously I'm not the best at blogging.  As anyone who knows my family could tell you, we don't stick to timelines very well. I have to make n effort to get things done on time that aren't graded or required for me to get paid. That being said, I couldn't tell you how great an opportunity this is for me. While I don't write as well as Tanya, but I'm going to try to keep up a front of competency and mild wittiness for you guys.



Allow me to tell you a little bit about my week. I am currently sitting in an extremely noisy starbucks with about an hour until I have to walk over to work and start the autumn transitions. Which essentially means moving everything in the store around and somehow making it look pretty. By the time 11 o'clock rolls around, I'll be exhausted and have several bruises on my body, and Hallowe'en decor will be up. That's right! My job - which I can't name right now because they scour the internet looking for mentions (let's just call it Retailville) - puts up their Hallowe'en and autumn stuff in August. Early August. There are turkeys staring at us from all corners of the store for a good 4 months. My week is as busy as my last - I'm going to be working 13 hours a day at two jobs from Tuesday-Friday. Killer am I right? This isn't a ploy for sympathy or anything, I'm just saying I don't post a whole bunch because my life is pretty much the OC Transpo and working. That's it.

So Tanya's first challenge to me was to talk about myself - which I am the best at doing. I can't tell you how long it actually took me to figure out what to write in this tiny box. I don't know if it's interesting or relevant, but here is the list I came up with:

1. I post regularly on Tumblr. I have used this platform for almost 3 years because I hated writing - ironic, no? Tumblr breakdown: It allows people to post whatever they want in whatever medium they want. It's a great albeit consuming way to pass your time.

2. Also internet. While my brother is more of the computer tech/games guy, I am now somehow infamous for surfing the web like no other. I don't mean to be conceited, but a lot of people come to me for stupid and random information. It is not a great CV qualification or anything, but spending time online and reading articles is kind of how I like to spend my day when I don't have plans elsewhere. The amount of useless information I know is beyond cute. It's ridiculous.

3. I read. An excessive amount.

 You know how I alluded to the fact that I should bring a blanket with me on the bus, that is how little I am home to sleep? Yeah. Instead of napping like I probably should be I read. If I were to chose one thing I could do for the rest of my life, it would be reading. Don't ask me my favourite book, I never know it. It depends on the day; it depends on the mood; it depends on who I'm with at the time. Books are great because you can take yourself anywhere you want to go. People who know me well know for a fact that I will have a library in my house (I'm well stocked already) and it will be magnificent. Like, totally for sure.


4. I want to work here when I grow up:

This is the British Museum. It is in Britian.



This is the British Museum. It is in Britian.

Whenever that may be... I'll probably never get there, but hey, the journey is the best part!

5. I have 0$ all of the time. I can't decide if my spending habits are a genetic trait or not, but I have major problems.

6. I own a zombie cat... she's nice.
(Pre-zombie-virus)

7. Batman is my homeboy. He's pretty much got it all, and a hero complex to boot.



  1. a. subpoint! The scarecrow and the joker are my favourite villains. They're completely effed up and I love it.


8. I graduated with a classics degree this spring. I guess I'm an alumnist now. That means I know stuff about other stuff that happened a long time ago to other people. Also more books and speculation and things. It's a pretty good time. To know more go here, here and here.

9. Despite #5, I really want to travel a bunch. More than a bunch. I would go into this a whole bunch more, but this post is already very very long and I only have another 15 minutes before I have to leave for work. Gotta keep up the pace!

10. I live with these two goobers:



12. If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would probably be fusilli and homemade marinara sauce. Probably.
Yum.

13. Skirts and dresses are the bomb. So breezy and nice. I just bought two new ones today.

14. The Departed is my favourite movie. Especially this part:



15. I'm a caffeine addict. So much so that it has become an issue when I don't drink coffee. Withdraw pains are not a good time, bro. The first coffee I ever had was right before my grade 11 Calculus exam. My mom brought me to Starbucks and a powerful bond was formed. One which I have not been able to break in 7 years.



Ok! That's all I had time for. I was totally going to do my challenge stuff today, but I guess I'll have to sneak out tomorrow and work on all of this stuff before Tanya comes over. Civic holidays are super rad when you work for the federal government, let me tell you. DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shopping is Best When Done in the Comfort of Your Sweatpants!