Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Office Chair is Killing Me

This is my office chair.
I am sure that the tiny holes in the fabric are caused by the tiny creatures floating around with poison in syringes that are used to slowly kill my spirit and whatever is left of my soul that I didn't sell already. The red arrows highlight the common stabbing points.

The poison targets the portions of your mind that hold positive memories and feelings, and kills them leaving behind only negative thoughts. They hope these negative thoughts will motivate people into working harder, henceforth leading to a promotion, henceforth leading to a raise, henceforth being able to buy new things, henceforth "buying happiness". They really don't listen to the generally accepted proverb of "money can't buy you happiness", which I don't fully believe either. If money can't buy you happiness, it can buy you lots of things that make you feel safe and secure, and then you have time to work on all the other stuff that Maslow said is important. I cannot concern myself with Self Actualization if I am busy working my ass off to pay my mortgage. So Money in turn can buy you happiness, but kill my spirit won't make me money, it just makes me shut down.

12 more working days left here before this chair is no longer able to suck out my happiness.

Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shopping is Best When Done in the Comfort of Your Sweatpants!